Lets get out of here
I got nominated a few months ago to be the 'Team Event Co-Ordinator' in my team at work. The first thing that everyone wanted was a weekend away. After much to-ing fro-ing and threats of me ripping peoples heads off, we got a weekend set in stone where everyone could make it, and a majority rules decision on a location.
We decided it was a great opportunity to have something where partners were welcome, and a weekend of no kids!! Cabins booked in the Grampians (about 3hrs from Melbourne), and we are all set. Then the fun begins!! Gets to last Monday and people start pulling out
1. 'Something has come up' - aka the girl that everyone worked schedules around so that she could come
2. Family function - this girl was away when we organised it, so was willing to accept it
3. 'Dad cracked it' - My 32yo boss, his dad is doing reno's on his (my bosses) house and he has to be there, no excuses (I wouldnt mess with his dad either!!)
4. Sick wife - The only real valid excuse....they have discovered blood clots around his wifes lungs :( She is a very sick girl, and he was still going to come because he felt guilty about not going...I told him if he did come I would smack him in the head!! His wife is only allowed out of hospital because they are a 2 minute drive from the hospital if anything happens they can be there superquick.
5. Was getting a lift with Number 4, and they were both coming up tonight and leaving tomorrow afternoon, so now he isnt coming.
So from the original booking of 14 people we are down to 4!!! Everyone pulled out after the cut off date for the accomodation so they still had to pay :p So now the two couples have a cabin each, for a grand total of $80 per cabin for the weekend :):):):)
So today, the 4 of us off to the Grampians for a great weekend......hope Natapillar behaves for her grandparents over the weekend!! Its her first sleepover with them, and its for two nights...I will miss her but god I am looking forward to it :):):):)
We decided it was a great opportunity to have something where partners were welcome, and a weekend of no kids!! Cabins booked in the Grampians (about 3hrs from Melbourne), and we are all set. Then the fun begins!! Gets to last Monday and people start pulling out
1. 'Something has come up' - aka the girl that everyone worked schedules around so that she could come
2. Family function - this girl was away when we organised it, so was willing to accept it
3. 'Dad cracked it' - My 32yo boss, his dad is doing reno's on his (my bosses) house and he has to be there, no excuses (I wouldnt mess with his dad either!!)
4. Sick wife - The only real valid excuse....they have discovered blood clots around his wifes lungs :( She is a very sick girl, and he was still going to come because he felt guilty about not going...I told him if he did come I would smack him in the head!! His wife is only allowed out of hospital because they are a 2 minute drive from the hospital if anything happens they can be there superquick.
5. Was getting a lift with Number 4, and they were both coming up tonight and leaving tomorrow afternoon, so now he isnt coming.
So from the original booking of 14 people we are down to 4!!! Everyone pulled out after the cut off date for the accomodation so they still had to pay :p So now the two couples have a cabin each, for a grand total of $80 per cabin for the weekend :):):):)
So today, the 4 of us off to the Grampians for a great weekend......hope Natapillar behaves for her grandparents over the weekend!! Its her first sleepover with them, and its for two nights...I will miss her but god I am looking forward to it :):):):)