Ohhhh a round one
My sister in law and SJ's two cousins had a combined birthday dinner on Saturday night, so I 'threw together' a cake for them. Well the cake itself was nice and planned, the decorating was very last minute (like started 4pm on Saturday!) because I wasnt happy with the ganache finish underneath.
My first attempt at covering a round cake, actually much easier than I expected, more air bubbles though, so I need to watch my icing placement next time.
Would have done something different with the top had I have had time, but was very happy with the quilting on the side. Oh and Cherry Ripe Mudcake = deeeeevine!
Onto my challenge for this weekend 3 tier cake for SJ's uncles 60th function, and have a meeting with someone this week who wants a cake for their daughters 18th next month!!
Looks like it has begun!
My first attempt at covering a round cake, actually much easier than I expected, more air bubbles though, so I need to watch my icing placement next time.
Would have done something different with the top had I have had time, but was very happy with the quilting on the side. Oh and Cherry Ripe Mudcake = deeeeevine!
Looks like it has begun!