Decision Time

Im at a crossroads between reality and creativity and how to combine the two at the moment. I am really enjoying the cake decorating that I have been doing, and the cupcakes that I have been experimenting with at the moment.
I have had people ask me about me making cakes for them (and paying money), and while my initial thought was no, the more I think about it, the more I want to say yes. Maybe not to the wedding cake I got asked about....a little toooo much responsibility so early on in my cake decorating I think.
It makes me very nervous, I hate failing, and I hate things not being perfect, I have never even done a course on how to do any of the stuff properly, and would be crappolla at things that involved piping probably to begin with! Then there is the what if it doesnt come out right and I screw up someones vision of what they want their cake to be!
It also makes me very excited and I am currently obsessed with looking at lots of different techniques (thank you YouTube and cake decorating sites). Excited that I could find a new outlet for my creativity and my love of baking yummy things. Could it be another fad like my card making, or jewellery (still do occassionally, but hard with a little one around and a cat that is obsessed with swatting beads off the table!), maybe, but you know what I think I really do want to give it a try. Leave it as something to organically grow, not go all out and full pelt, but keep practising on family and the guys at work, and get requests for paid cakes from there to begin with.
Now I want to decide on a name and logo........decisions decisions.......
I've been wanting to write this for a while to say that I think it's a great idea, but agree with you to start small, say families/relatives' birthdays and special occasions and build from there :)
Good luck with it all.