The countdown is on.......




T-11 days and counting.

This year SJ and I are having a joint 30th Birthday. Being only two months apart, and having the Natapillar's 1st Birthday in June we figured we would be fairly broke having 3 parties between June and September!

August 22nd it is, so the month between our Birthdays. The venue is booked, food organised, I bought 2 dresses on the weekend, just need to decide which one to wear.

BTW Bargain shopping rocks, got them from Jacqui E at DFO, Dress #1 - $180 reduced to $39.95 Dress #2 $120 reduced to $39.95 .... booyah!!!

Still to do
* Decide on flavour and bake for bottom layer of cake, top layer is a choc orange mud cake, currently in the freezer.
* Decide on decorating for cake, I have fallen into a black and red theme with everything, just through my dress, so want to keep the cake in a similar vein.
* Purchase decorating stuff and decorate said cake
* Sew Natapillar's dress together, its cut a ready to go, just need to put it all together now. Its the same pattern I used for her birthday dress, in red and black tartan look fabric, so hopefully much less stress knowing what I did wrong last time!
* Convince SJ that he cant wear a tshirt to the party, jeans are fine, but he needs at least a polo, preferably a shirt!
* Maybe find some shoes to go with my dress depending on how trying it on with current shoes goes!

Starting to get exciting now :):):)
0 Responses