Baking baking baking
I have my first cake order.....wheeeeeeee :)
Unfortunately for some reason though my first go of the cake last night died a horrible death :( 2.5hrs in the oven and I 'thought' it was ready went to even the top today on my lunchbreak...and the middle isnt cooked *insert swearing here*
I decided for this one not to experiment and use a professional cake mix I have used before, and no idea what happened. But as they say every cloud has a silver lining. I emailed the company that makes the mix to check if they had a list of baking times for different size tins as the place I get it from only sells it in 1kg lots designed for 8inch tins.
Within 20 minutes I had a call from the Victorian sales guy who was out of his office and is going to email me the instructions for all of their products tomorrow morning, as well as a list of his own tips (he is an ex-baker apparently)....now thats what I call great service.
So it looks like it is going to be a bit of a push to get it finished, and a bit less profit that I was hoping for, but its only the beginning and Im starting somewhere and its all experience...aka wont make the same mistake twice!! Pictures will be up on the weekend :)
Unfortunately for some reason though my first go of the cake last night died a horrible death :( 2.5hrs in the oven and I 'thought' it was ready went to even the top today on my lunchbreak...and the middle isnt cooked *insert swearing here*
I decided for this one not to experiment and use a professional cake mix I have used before, and no idea what happened. But as they say every cloud has a silver lining. I emailed the company that makes the mix to check if they had a list of baking times for different size tins as the place I get it from only sells it in 1kg lots designed for 8inch tins.
Within 20 minutes I had a call from the Victorian sales guy who was out of his office and is going to email me the instructions for all of their products tomorrow morning, as well as a list of his own tips (he is an ex-baker apparently)....now thats what I call great service.
So it looks like it is going to be a bit of a push to get it finished, and a bit less profit that I was hoping for, but its only the beginning and Im starting somewhere and its all experience...aka wont make the same mistake twice!! Pictures will be up on the weekend :)