The birth of Ladybugs

I decided that for our Party I wanted MIL, and BIL's girlfriend to be able to have cake (they are both coeliac), and as there were a few people celebrating birthdays I wanted to acknowledge them too so decided in keeping with the red and black theme to make Ladybug cupcakes :)

The most awesome Planet Cake book had lovely instructions so I decided to take pics as I went along

Gluten Free Vanilla cupcakes all coated in Dark Choc Ganache and strawberry syrup, hot knived and ready to become ladybugs



Covered in black fondant, still not looking like a ladybug yet....



Wings applied, starting to look like a lady bug (cut a circle the size of your cupcake, use the cutter to cut the front part of the circle off to make the face. Split the rest of the circle in half and attach for wings.


Ladybug spots applied. Roll tiny balls of black fondant and flatten on 'wings'


Eyes and antenna added

An army of finished Ladybugs :)

And they tasted deeeeee-lish
0 Responses